Moatbrook Ltd will provide all customers with a written quotation, which will include sufficient detail for the completion of the works.
• Our quotations are produced with as much detail as possible to avoid any misunderstandings. If something is missing that you would like included, please let us know and we will revise the quotation accordingly. Any additional works found necessary are to be agreed with the client and a separate revised or ‘extra to contract’ quotation provided.
• A ‘contract’ with Moatbrook Ltd is an agreement by the client to have work undertaken based on a written quotation headed ‘Quote/Estimate’ submitted directly to the client on an official Moatbrook Ltd letterhead and is a clear and straightforward undertaking between the two parties to form a contract.
• Once a quotation has been accepted (either verbally or in writing) and the client has paid their deposit, then a contract has been entered into and these terms will come into effect. Quotes are valid for one month from the date on the quote unless agreed differently with client.
• All prices quoted are calculated on the basis of free access and unimpeded working during our normal working hours (8am – 4.30pm Mon – Fri), unless otherwise agreed. Please note that we may be on site until 6pm or on a Saturday. We will get prior agreement with the client should this happen.
• All materials provided by the main contractor or their sub-contractors remain the property of Moatbrook until full and final payment is received via Bank Transfer, cleared cheque or cash .Unless otherwise agreed in a quotation (or other document), surplus building materials, waste materials and off cuts etc remain the property of Moatbrook or our subcontractors or our suppliers. After final payment the client takes ownership of the materials used to carry out the work only.
• Access to and collection of used or unused building materials, equipment and plant etc remains in place until full and cleared final payment is received.
• Invoices will be sent out prior to the relevant payment date and each invoice will serve as a receipt for payment. Payments must be made in agreed time. If payment not received on agreed time Moatbrook have right to stop work until get paid. Payments can be made by cheque or cash but bank transfer is our preferred method. All invoices include our bank details for bank transfers.
• Moatbrook Ltd take pictures of the progress of our projects. We reserve the right to use these pictures in our portfolio of work, on our website and on various social media websites for marketing and information purposes. Please let us know via email at the start of your work if you are not happy with this.
• Contract duration: An approximate duration time for work to be carried out can be found on our quotations. The ‘Contract duration’ is to be used as a guide only and will not affect the agreed contract price i.e. if a contract takes longer than expected no extra charges will be levied unless previously agreed and conversely if good progress is made and a contract takes less time to complete than expected, the client should not expect to receive a discount.