Moatbrook strongly believes in protecting the confidentiality and security of your personal data. This document is referred to as our “Privacy Notice” and describes how we use the personal data that we collect and receive about you.
Please take the time to read this privacy notice as it explains how we collect, use and store your personal information, and the rights you have in relation to the protection of your personal information, under the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (GDPR).
THE TYPES OF DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
The personal data we collect includes:
- Identification data, such as your name, address, telephone number, personal email address, date and place of birth, employment history, qualifications, experience and any other data provided by you in your online application, resume or other sources, such as LinkedIn or job portals;
- We do not record sensitive data relating to your health, ethnicity, religious or political beliefs.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal data for recruitment purposes only. This includes:
- Collecting your data from you and other sources, such as LinkedIn, job portals, etc;
- Storing your details (and updating them when necessary) on our database, so that we can contact you in relation to recruitment; Your personal data will be deleted upon your request.
- Assessing data about you against vacancies which we think may be suitable for you;
- Enabling you to submit your CV, apply online for jobs or to inform you about jobs we think may be of interest to you;
WHO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH AND WHY
We only share your data with people within our organization involved in the recruitment process. We are dedicated to provide you with the best recruitment experience, therefore we share your data only in the purpose of potential recruitment opportunities.
YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW WE RESPECT THEM
We respect your rights as a candidate to determine how your personal information is used. These rights include:
- Right to be informed: You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your personal information and your rights. This is why we’re providing you with the information in this Privacy Notice.
- Right of access: You have the right to ask us for an overview of your personal data that we process.
- Right to rectification: If your personal data is incorrect, you have the right to ask us to rectify it.
- Right to erasure: You may ask us to erase your personal data if we no longer need it for its original purpose, you withdraw your consent for processing it, you object to us processing your data for our own legitimate interests or for personalised messages, we unlawfully processes your personal data.
- Right to object to processing: You can object to Moatbrook using your personal data for its own legitimate interests. You can do this online, at our office or by telephone. We will consider your objection and whether processing your information has any undue impact on you that requires us to stop doing so. You can also object to receiving job opportunities messages from us.
- Right to restrict processing: You have the right to ask us to restrict using your personal data if you believe the information is inaccurate.
- Right to complain: Should you not be satisfied with the way we have responded to your concerns you have the right to submit a complaint to us. If you are still unhappy with our reaction to your complaint, you can also contact the data protection authority in your country.
- Exercising your rights: If you want to exercise your rights or submit a complaint, please contact us. We aim to respond to your request as quickly as possible. Should we require more time to complete your request, we will let you know how much longer we need and provide reasons for the delay.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees or other third parties who have a business need-to-know.
Where appropriate, we use encryption or other security measures which we deem appropriate to protect your personal information. We also review our security procedures periodically to consider appropriate new technology and updated methods. While no measure is impenetrable, we do our best to ensure that your personal information remains safe.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We keep your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal information is collected. When deciding how long we should keep your personal information we take into account factors including: legal obligations under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time and guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities.
Generally, this would mean that we would retain your personal data until you ask us to delete it so that the information is readily available should you wish to pursue further opportunities. Otherwise, we securely erase your information once this is no longer needed.
Moatbrook takes the privacy of your personal data very seriously. If you you have any questions about privacy rights, you can contact us via services [at]moatbrook.co.uk